Julie's Elizabethan Merchant

Cuz pumpkin pants are so IN this summer...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New Shoes, Too.

I've literally taken a page out of Beth's diary and made some "new" shoes for adam, using the same handy instructions.

I used some black men's dress shoes from the goodwill, though mine were $8 instead of Beth's lucky $1.50 find (D.C. goodwill inflation?). They were super shiney to start, so I "polished" them with a sandpaper block. Horrifying idea in real life, but really satisfying for costuming. They're still kinda shiny, but much less "is that plastic or leather?" They are leather, though, I assure you. ;)

I didn't have the good sense to take a before picture, but here is the after. I guess i'm gonna have to trim some of the lining from the instep on the left one, cuz you can see the white peaking through:


"new" shoes

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Those look really spiffy! I love our cheapskate shoes.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

I had to resist the urge for slashings a la beth. ;) But then, his shoes fit pretty well, so he doesn't actually need them.

Maybe I'll reserve slashings for my own silly shoes....

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why trim lining when you can use a sharpie ;) Then nobody has to know about it and you still get comfy, non stinky feet!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Dude. sharpee. That's absolutely brilliant!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home