Julie's Elizabethan Merchant

Cuz pumpkin pants are so IN this summer...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

12 Hours Behind Schedule

I expected to be finished hubby's slops by lunchtime today. It is exactly 12 hours later. ;) We won't speak of the great frustration that one experiences when they discover they've made two right legs and completley neglected the left. That really sets one back....

Without futher ado, the Spidey slops (of 293 pieces, weighing somewhere between 3 and 4 pounds):


Front--ugh, look how chaotic my house is! And doesn't this look great with a T shirt? Hehe....


And the back... Never thought of Adam as a pear shape before, but now I have!

Left to do on slops:
1) Codpiece? I do want one, but I might not do it for this weekend's wear. (edit: I totally lied..I did this before I went to bed last night! Its pretty, way better than the walrus. )
2) Couching the canions. I won't do this now, but I think it might look nice as an addition later. LATER.... hehe

And then, of course, I need to do the doublet. I'll hopefully make good headway on that tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Those are so far beyond awesome that I know not what to say. That's a first! Wow.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Awww, shucks! Thank you!

You'll laugh at this, though: The canions are missmatched--I accidentally used the wrong side of the red fabric for one, and by the time I noticed it (ahem, this morning), I decided I don't care enough to fix it right now. Lowing my awesomeness quotient, eh?

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still, mismatched or not, those are great! I love the detailing...

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home