Julie's Elizabethan Merchant

Cuz pumpkin pants are so IN this summer...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Almost Finished!

Its obvious that I was sewing frantically towards the end of this outfit, because I didn't post anything! I did manage to finish the doublet before our trip to the MD and PA faires this past weekend, though I didn't get to the sleeves. Which was rather unfortunate, considering how chilly it was. Poor Adam....

I really thought I'd have plenty of time for sleeves, but the doublet details turned out to take far longer than expected. I stuck with the slash idea, and because the wool I used was lightweight and thin, it wasnt' the sort that holds slashes. I faced the slashes in the same ribbon that I used along the slop panes, and I slashed it along the doublet the same way. Since I didn't want the ribbon's anchoring stitches showing through to the outside, I had to line the doublet (I chose pink linen), then turn the egding in, and then stitch only through the linen layer. Honestly, the stitches did manage to make it through to the outside in a few places, and they bother me, but I'm sure no one else would notice (too much)...

Here is a pic of the slashing process. Its like Valentine's day puked...

slashes

And some of the whole ensemble, sleeves to follow:

adam close--as you can see, the buttons were nixed in favor of hidden hookneyes. I actually think i'll leave it like this...I think it looks nice with the clean lines.


adam action


adam back--there were many comments on the stuffed "jiggly butt"!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Jiggly butt!!!! We love the jiggly butt. That is quite the outfit.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home